The Rai Saheb Bhanwar Singh College, Library is the soul of the institution and it acquires, processes, preserves, and disseminates information to the user community with the motto of empowering knowledge. It has an extensive collection of books and reference materials for satisfying the academic and research needs of the students and faculty. The library has automated all its library activities to provide an effective and wide range of academic resources such as books, journals, and online databases.
RSB is the only college in Nasrullaganj to have an outstanding manual cum automated and well-equipped E-library with learning resource sharing over all 15,944. 10,902 textbooks, 4,777 reference books, 22 journals, 6,000 E-journals & 1,99,500 E-books through N-List, 07 magazines and daily newspapers.
Our computerized library is extensive, well-ventilated, and spacious with comfortable seating arrangements. There is a well-qualified and experienced librarian who manages the library. Every student is provided with sufficient books according to his/her need.
The library always encourages all students and faculty to recommend new books in order to strengthen their collections. The students and faculty members can also suggest new titles by completing the necessary formalities.
1. To provide a supportive and stimulating environment for students and staff.
2. To provide faculty and students with materials that enrich and support the curriculum and meet the needs of the students and faculty services.
3. To provide resources (as appropriate) to support and develop literary appreciation, aesthetic values, and ethical standards.
4. To provide students with a wide range of educational materials on all levels of difficulty and in a variety of formats, with the diversity of appeal, allowing for the presentation of many different points of view.
5. Select materials that present various sides of controversial issues, allowing students to develop analytical skills resulting in informed decisions.
6. Select materials in all formats, including up-to-date, high-quality, varied literature to develop and strengthen an interest in reading.